FEE-FREE P.L.A.Y. DAY
The Deering Estate at Cutler will offer free admission to all guests on Saturday, September 21st from 10:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. as part of their annual Fee-Free “P.L.A.Y.” Days. Guests can enjoy complimentary admission as well as hands on eco-art activities, science discovery programs, and historic house tours – all for free! Food and beverages will be available for purchase.
The Fee-Free “P.L.A.Y.” Days were created to honor the Deering Estate’s partner organizations and the community. Our partner organizations and program partners will be on-site providing information and a variety of activities. On Saturday, September 21st we will honor the Scouts. The entire public can enjoy a variety of programs and activities – all for free!
We invite our guests to “P.L.A.Y.” – Preservation, Learning, Adventure, Year-Round – and enjoy the many tours, educational programs, and special events that the Estate has to offer.
Activities & Programs on Saturday, September 21, 2013:
• Historic House Tours at 10:30 am, 12:00 pm, 1:30 pm & 3:00 pm;
• String Master Class with the Deering Estate Chamber Ensemble from 10:00 am to 11:30 am in the Stone House Ballroom - Love to Practice with String Specialist, Laura Wilcox featuring students ages 7-15;
• Book Nook by the Bay “Scouts” – Challenge your knowledge in native Florida plants while hiking our nature trail as you complete a scavenger hunt!
• Children's Writing Workshop with Literary Artist in Residence, Mia Leonin at 11:30 am & 1:00 pm in the Carriage House - Odes and Incantations: From lizards to the mangrove trees, we will read and write poems that possess surprising images and mysterious rhythms. Kids of all ages and parents are welcome!
• A variety of Scout led activities!
Please note that if you are interested in doing a photo shoot on a Fee-Free “P.L.A.Y.” Day the regular photo shoot fees apply.